Edward Snowden Goes To The Bolshoi To Makes His First Public Appearance In Russia

Tuesday 5 August 2014




Snowden Makes First Public Appearance, Secretly Visits Moscow’s Bolshoi Theatre -- RT



The US whistle-blower Edward Snowden has visited Moscow’s Bolshoi Theatre in his first public appearance since coming to Russia a year ago. Reporters were hardly able to recognize the former CIA employee without his signature look glasses.



The NSA whistle-blower apparently decided to mark a year of asylum in Russia by making a public appearance. He attended the Tsar's Bride opera in Moscow’s historic Bolshoi Theatre.



Snowden slipped in almost unnoticed. He sat in one of the theatre’s boxes, admiring Nikolay Rimsky-Korsakov’s opera that recounts a tragic love story during the time of Ivan the Terrible’s reign in Russia.



Snowden publicly promised to study Russian culture when he was granted asylum in August last year.



Read more ....



My Comment: And a photographer was there to capture a picture .... hmmm .... I smell a set-up. On a personal note .... I haven't been to the Bolshoi for years .... and I am jealous. I love American culture/music .... and I love Russian culture .... my advice to Edward Snowden is to pick and choose what you like, and enjoy your life in Moscow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Search This Blog

Most Reading


Sidebar One